You are eligible for VET FEE-HELP if you:
- Are studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course (VET FEE-HELP is not available for Certificates I – IV) at an approved VET FEE-HELP provider;
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit);
- Are a full fee paying student or a subsidised student in a ‘reform state or territory’ (currently, Victoria and South Australia (as of 1 July 2012) are the only reform states for the purposes of VET FEE-HELP);
- Have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit (see below); and
- Meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements:
- You must give your provider your valid TFN; OR
- If you don’t have a TFN you can give your provider a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office after you have applied for a TFN.