Lower Fees, Local Skills: Half Price Courses in 2020-2021
From the 1st of January, 2020, the Department of Training and Workplace Development through their Jobs and Skills WA program, have reduced the course tuition cost of 34 priority qualifications! This new initiative, called the Lower Fees, Local Skills program aims to help people of all ages, especially 15-24 year old’s to obtain qualifications that can set them up with rewarding and beneficial careers.
TrainSmart Australia have been selected among the few providers in Western Australia to deliver qualifications through the Jobs and Skills WA and Lower Fees, Local Skills programs. That means, we can bring high quality, relevant training to you at a fraction of the cost!
These qualifications were chosen because they teach the skills that employers need right now.
The new half price course fees are: *
You will be eligible for a concession rate if you;
- Are a person, or the dependent of a person, holding a;
- pensioner concession card
- Health Care Card
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Are a person, or the dependent of a person, in receipt of the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Are a person, or the dependent of a person, who are inmates of a custodial institution
- Are a secondary school-ages person (15 – 18), not enrolled at school.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
Applying for a place is easy! Simply fill out the form on the Lower Fees, Local Skills page on our website, and one of our Jobs and Skills WA Career Advisors will be in touch with you shortly! Otherwise, feel free to call our Career Advisers on 1300 855 517 to discuss this amazing new program.
* The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.