Take the first step with an online course
Everyone enters their new careers full of hope. You’ve chosen your pathway, scored a job within your field, you are feeling positive about the work they are embarking on, and you look forward to going to work each day.
Fast forward to a few years down the track and ask yourself whether you still feel that same motivation? Here are some signs that you might need a career change:
- You find yourself complaining about your job all the time, and even the thought of changing companies within the same field doesn’t interest you.
- You are feeling stressed at work all the time.
- You’re bored with your job, you no longer find fun in the work, and really can’t be bothered doing it.
- You are not growing or developing in your role, and there’s no room for achieving goals.
- You dread Mondays – and going to work in general.
- You think about quitting all the time and think about how great life would be if you no longer had to do this job.
Sound familiar? Time for a career change! Changing careers is different than changing jobs. It requires a lot of thought and planning, as well as training and education. If you have decided to change careers, here are a few steps to take moving forward:
- Decide on your new career path. This requires researching different roles, considering what skills you already have and how they can be used in your new career, and finding a pathway that you will enjoy.
- Prepare yourself. The best way to start a new career is with education, and with online study available, you can take a course and get your qualifications part-time while still working, if that suits your lifestyle. TrainSmart also has a range of short courses to get you on track to a new career faster.
- Land your perfect job. Once you have your qualifications, take all the necessary steps to secure your first role in your new career. A good resume is vital, register with job websites such as Seek, set up and maintain a LinkedIn profile, network with people in your field, and don’t be afraid to do some volunteer work or an internship to get experience.
Getting the right skills is vital. A course in Business Administration will equip you with new skills that are sure to benefit your new career. Why not make 2021 your year to shine, and head down a new pathway to a career that you will truly love!
Visit TrainSmart website for more information.