Life in Community Services is great for people who love variety, challenge, and working with people. No matter where you end up, there are 2 things (at least) that every Community Services career promises:
- Everything you do is to help other people, improve their lives, and benefit the wider community
- Every day is different from the day before
What is a Community Services course?
Getting your career started means first completing a Community Services course – a good challenge, but certainly nothing you can’t achieve!
- What it’s like to work in health services
- How to identify personal and community issues
- Basics of grief support
- Leading a group support program
- How to help people through a crisis
From there, you can start to think about where to take your career – and there are loads of options.
What kind of job can I do with a Community Services qualification?
First think about where you want to work and who you want to work with. Ask yourself some questions:
- Do I want to work one-on-one, in a group setting, or in a team?
- Do I prefer working in an office, in the community, or a mixture?
- Where do I see myself in 5 years?
- Would I prefer managing a team, or delivering support services?
- Do I want to work with young people, at-risk adults, older people, or groups requiring mental health support?
- Is regional work for me, or am I a city slicker?
No matter how you answered, there’s a Community Services career suited to you. If you’re not sure which area is right, then a Certificate III in Community Services can open countless pathways.
The 6-month course gives you an intro to the field, and a foot in the door to find out where you might want to head. Read more about it here.
Otherwise, you’re welcome to check out our 12-month specialty courses which take you more in depth into your chosen area. See the full list here.
What are my career prospects in Community Services?
In a word? Great! Whether you choose community work, peer support, aged care, youth work, counselling, mental health or any other specialty, Australia needs more Community Services professionals.
And the best part about a nationally recognised Community Services course from TrainSmart Australia? You can go anywhere you want with it – Perth, regional WA, over east or even internationally.
Want to learn more? Request the course information today and get started on an exciting career move.