A rewarding specialist career is waiting for you
The words “beauty salon” bring up a particular image to come people – women sitting around gossiping and being pampered. And while historically, beauty salons have been an iconic symbol of women’s leisure time, today they are so much more.
Beauty salons offer an extensive range of treatments that women 50 years ago could never have dreamed of. Trained professional therapists don’t just pamper their customers, but treat different skin issues, enhance their looks, teach and apply make-up, create artistic-looking nails, style their hair, and offer massage treatments. The beauty salon of today is so much more than the salons of yesteryear.
With so much to offer, why wouldn’t you want to work in a beauty salon?!
Working as a beauty therapist is a career that offers so much. It’s hard work and has its challenges, but it also has so many rewards. Here are a few reasons why you would make a great Beauty Therapist and enjoy a career in this exciting industry:
- You’re passionate about what you do. The beauty industry is exciting, beautiful, glamorous; and easy to feel passionate about.
- You love the social aspect. In this job you will get to meet new people every day, giving you a chance to socialise with people from all walks of life. You’ll also work with likeminded people and gain new friends within the industry
- The beauty industry is rapidly growing, and you can grow with it! Beauty therapy skills can get you to break into the TV & Film industry as well
- You get to try the latest products first. Your friends will be envious, and in fact, you might find you suddenly have even more friends when they all find out you get to sample new products before they are even on the market!
- You like helping people. Beauty therapy is more than just facials and make-up. It’s creating a look that makes someone feel special. You never know when you are going to make someone’s day and cheer them up by giving them an amazing massage, a new hairstyle, or a fresh wax.
- You will have the skills to give yourself treatments! Your nails will always be manicured and your skin waxed because you can take care of your own beauty treatments.
- You get great benefits including discounted products, treatments as part of your package, and ongoing training so you can keep updating your skills and ensure you keep up to date with the industry.
If you don’t need any more convincing that a career as a Beauty Therapist is exactly what you want, then it’s time to get into some education and training!