Free career advice from TrainSmart Australia
At TrainSmart Australia, we’re committed to helping you find a course that suits you, your lifestyle and your career aspirations. That’s why we offer a supportive career guidance service before you enrol in your course, so you can be assured you’re on the right path from day one.
Our career officers are happy to speak to you over the phone, email via Skype or in person – whatever suits you best. And if you are short on time, we can also give you free career advice online.
In doing so, we will help you determine which study path may suit your ideal future career. Just give us a call on 1300 855 517 or submit an online request through our website enquiry form to make an appointment.
Our career guidance service is free and open to all, no matter your age or background. In helping you determine which course is best suited to you, our trained experts take into consideration several factors, including your personality type, interests and experience. Tell us your likes and dislikes; what you enjoy doing and what you hope to achieve – there are no wrong answers.
After all, we spend at least forty-six years of our lives working – so it’s important to get it right.
Here is a checklist to help you formulate decisions about your career choice:
1) Try to undertake some ‘market research’: check out some popular jobs boards or the classified section in local newspapers to give you an idea of the kinds of jobs that exist – and which courses may help to achieve these aspirations. Make a list of those jobs that catch your eye, and don’t be afraid to ask for some career advice and guidance if you’re struggling to find a common thread between them.
2) Once you have a shortlist of roles that appeal to you, ask yourself if you have a genuine interest in this area. Perhaps it’s a role you’ve been investigating for a while, or someone you know has told you about their career and it has fired your enthusiasm.
3) Consider your life experiences to date, and how they may help the decision-making process. Maybe you’ve done some voluntary work and this has sparked your enthusiasm to work in an area?
4) Consider your personality: are you introverted and prefer working quietly, or are you an extrovert who loves chatting to others all day? Are you a perfectionist? Do you have a lot of empathy and compassion? And will these qualities suit the job you’d like?
5) Does the career you’re considering fulfil your other needs? Investigate whether this a career in this field will involve shift work or working away from home, for instance. How does it fit in with your other commitments?
6) Choose a field that will provide you with the level of remuneration you desire. Some roles attract a higher salary than others, while there are some jobs in which the pay is more structured than others, like accounting and information technology.
Which TrainSmart Australia course is right for you?
If you would like a career in a caring capacity, then you may want to consider some of the courses within our TSA College of Health and Community Services.
Enjoy gadgets and computers? Take a look at the IT qualifications within our TSA College of Information and Communications Technology.
If you are creative and enjoy the freedom and challenge of making others look good, take a look at the courses within our TSA College of Beauty Therapy, TSA College of Fitness and Massage Therapy and Creative Arts.
And if you’ve always wanted to work in a business or commercial environment, then some of our courses within TSA College of Business, Leadership and Management might be just what you’re after.