Diploma of Salon Management
Please note we are not currently offering this course until further notice. All available courses are published on our TSA Beauty College in Perth.
Manage a salon, be a cut above the restOverseeing your own beauty or hairdressing salon and making people look good and feel fabulous can be immensely rewarding. Nowadays looking your best is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle and this qualification will ensure you have the right skills to run a beauty or hairdressing salon or a health spa. The Diploma of Salon Management is a flexible course offered through online study. As a Registered Training Organisation, our courses are government accredited and we are able to offer VET Student Loans so you can study now and pay later. You will have the support of a trainer who will advise and guide you throughout.
What you will learnIf you are looking to set up and manage your own business, then this course will guide you through the process. Areas of study include successful management, how to employ staff, marketing, and advertising concepts. There will be assessments covering financial transactions and managing stock. You will be guided on how to write a business feasibility study and how to present it to a bank. There will be the opportunity to learn more about official bodies associated with the beauty industry. Most beauty salons need to comply with various government regulations to operate and this qualification will advise you on how to apply for registration or a license.
What career options are open with a Diploma of Salon Management?This Diploma of Salon Management is excellent preparation for beauty therapists wishing to run their own beauty and hair salon. It’s beneficial if you are changing careers and want to manage activities within the beauty and hairdressing industry and need to have a solid grounding in this area. How you will study The Diploma of Salon Management is a nationally accredited qualification. The majority of assessments will be written with a few practical assignments. You will receive training and assessor support throughout your studies and no formal entry requirements are needed for this qualification. You will study 6 core units and 4 elective units from the list below. The course will take approximately a year to complete.
Student entry requirementsThere are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. TrainSmart Australia will assess a students’ ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:-
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 Certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
Cost of this courseThe current course cost is $11,400 Your fee payment options are:-
- Self-funded payment plan – pay your course fee by credit card, cheque, eft, or cash.
- VET Study Loan – Australian Government income contingent loan which allows you to study now and pay later.
VET Study Loan is availableVET Study Loan is an Australian Government loan program available to Australian citizens. For this Diploma in Salon Management, you can borrow a $10,000 VET Student Loan which you will pay back once you are earning above a certain threshold. The extra payment can be made with $200 up front and $100 every month for 12 months. Alternatively you can fully fund the extra $1,400 in one payment.
Units of studyOverseeing people
- Lead teams in a personal services environment
- Administer human resources policy
- Recruit and select personnel
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- Manage treatment services and sales delivery
- Promote a personal service business
- Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Market the small business
- Manage the small business finances
- Ensure a safe workplace