Certificate III in Business Administration (BSB30415)
This qualification applies to a range of administrative roles in varied contexts. Skills in business administration are highly valued by employers at any level.
How will you study?
The Certificate III in Business Administration (BSB30415) is delivered by expert trainers through our fully customised e-learning environment, Moodle. The course is conducted over 6 months.
Flexible, supportive, online learning
All your learning resources will be available online. A trainer will be assigned to guide and support you throughout your studies.
What are your career opportunities?
Upon successfully completing this qualification, you will be able to:
- Understand day-to-day business activities and work functions including :-
- Managing files;
- Office administration;
- Processing workplace documents.
- Improve teamwork, workplace communication, time management, organisation skills and customer service skills;
- Identify safe work practices and how to work safely in a business environment.
Possible Job Roles:
- Junior Personal Assistant;
- Accounts Payable Clerk;
- Data Entry Operator
- Office Administrator;
- Office Administration Assistant.
Student entry requirements
This qualification is suited to learners who possess a sufficient grasp of the English language, adequate levels of numeracy, and appropriate attitude and motivation to enable them to undertake the demands of a Certificate III level qualification.
As part of the selection process, TSA uses the following guidelines to assess suitability of a learner for the program:
- All prospective learners will attend a mandatory face to face career counselling session to assess their suitability for this Certificate III level qualification;
- During this session, TSA’s career advisors reference the career counselling and/or Capacity of Benefit notes to summarise their thoughts on whether to proceed with enrolment or not, based on the interview/conversation. This is then retained in the learner record file;
- All learners are required to undertake an LLN assessment appropriate for a Certificate III level qualification to assess whether their reading and numeracy skills are sufficient to cope with the training program. The LLN assessment result will be retained in their learner record file;
- In addition, TSA must reasonably believe the learner is academically suited to undertake the course e.g. employment history and/or prior education/qualifications.
You will study 13 units of competency, comprising two (2) core and 11 electives as below:
- BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBADM307 Organise schedules
- BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records
- BSBFIA303 Process accounts payable and receivable
- BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU312 Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU313 Design and produce digital text documents
- BSBITU314 Design and produce spreadsheets
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents