Certificate III in Business
The Certificate III in Business (BSB30115) qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
How will you study?
The Certificate III in Business (BSB30115) is delivered by expert trainers through our fully customised e-learning environment, Moodle. The course is conducted over 6 months.
Flexible, supportive, online learning
All your learning resources will be available online. A trainer will be assigned to guide and support you throughout your studies.
What are your career opportunities?
Upon successfully completing this qualification, you will be able to:
- Understand day-to-day business activities and work functions
- Learn how to process and maintain workplace information;
- Develop skills in business and organisational tasks including workplace safety and customer service;
- Learn how to manage your own work priorities whilst building effective working relationships with others.
Possible Job Roles:
- Customer Service Advisor;
- Data Entry Operator;
- Administration Assistant;
- Personal Assistant;
- General Clerk;
- Clerical Worker.
Student entry requirements
This qualification is suited to learners who possess a sufficient grasp of the English language, adequate levels of numeracy, and appropriate attitude and motivation to enable them to undertake the demands of a Certificate III level qualification.
As part of the selection process, TSA uses the following guidelines to assess suitability of a learner for the program:
- All prospective learners will attend a mandatory face to face career counselling session to assess their suitability for this Certificate III level qualification;
- During this session, TSA’s career advisors reference the career counselling and/or Capacity of Benefit notes to summarise their thoughts on whether to proceed with enrolment or not, based on the interview/conversation. This is then retained in the learner record file;
- All learners are required to undertake an LLN assessment appropriate for a Certificate III level qualification to assess whether their reading and numeracy skills are sufficient to cope with the training program. The LLN assessment result will be retained in their learner record file;
- In addition, TSA must reasonably believe the learner is academically suited to undertake the course e.g. employment history and/or prior education/qualifications.
Units of Study:
You will study 12 units of competency, comprising one (1) core and 11 electives.
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
- BSBADM307 Organise schedules
- BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBITU312 Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU313 Design and produce digital text documents
- BSBITU314 Design and produce spreadsheets
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology