Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215)
Accounting: much more than a numbers game
They say the key to any successful business is the accountant. Be in charge of financial decisions and stay at the top end of the salary scale with a career in accountancy by studying this Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215). If you enjoy managing money, have a passion for finance, enjoy problem solving and consider yourself commercially aware, then this course could be for you.
Accounting Online Course
The Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215) is a nationally recognised qualification, which covers all areas of accounting including the preparation of spreadsheets, budgets and forecasting. You will become familiar with current methods of accounting and and learn new systems such as Xero which is a popular cloud based accounting software package for small and medium sized businesses. You will be able to prepare financial reports and tax returns for individuals and companies and analyse report information and manage budgets and forecasts. You will also be able to solve complex problems and analyse and evaluate information.
What are your career options ?
Accountants drive a business forward and can ensure its success and are a critical member of the management team. There are more jobs in accounting than ever before as businesses come under greater financial scrutiny. Salaries are above average in this profession. This qualification will mean you can apply for a position in any business or accounting practice. Alternatively you may wish to establish your own taxation practice.
How you will study
You will study online at your own pace. Assessments are by way of written assignments, supplemented by practical activities and projects. You will receive training and assessor support throughout your studies. Learning is self-paced over a 12-month period with opportunity to extend if required.
Student entry requirements
TrainSmart Australia will assess a students’ ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:-
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 Certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
In addition to the above entry requirements, the College will consider whether the student applying to enrol demonstrates the capacity to meet the demands of their chosen course. Student academic suitability is determined through a one to one career counselling session. The student will be advised whether he or she is considered to be academically suited, or alternative study pathways may be offered.
Certificate IV in Accounting is highly recommended or at least 2 years of bookkeeping or financial reporting experience.
Cost of this course
The maximum tuition fee for this course is $5,150. Your fee payment options are:
- 24 month interest-free payment plan. No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months.
- VET Student loan – Australian Government Income contingent loan which allows you to study now and pay later.
VET Student Loan is available
VET Student Loan is an Australian Government loan program available to Australian citizens. For this Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215), you can take out a VET Student loan which you will pay back once you are earning above a certain threshold.
|FNSACC301||Process financial transactions and extract interim reports|
|BSBFIA401||Prepare financial reports|
|FNSACC501||Provide financial and business performance information|
|FNSACC503||Manage budgets and forecasts|
|FNSACC504||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities|
|FNSACC506||Implement and maintain internal control procedures|
|FNSACC507||Provide management accounting information|
|FNSACC505||Establish and maintain accounting systems|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets|
|FNSACC502||Prepare tax documentation for individuals|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
- Access to the TrainSmart Australia learning labs, use of computers, internet, apps and other amenities.
- Membership of the TrainSmart Australia student portal in which you will receive updates on class status, new facilities, promotions and social media updates.
- Simply ask our friendly staff for more information on the many benefits of learning with us at TrainSmart Australia.