Health & Community Services
TSA College of Community Services
If you want to pursue a rewarding, satisfying career helping others to turn their lives around, you should consider one of our courses within this faculty.
We are all becoming more health conscious and are being encouraged to look after ourselves emotionally as well as physically. There are plenty of job opportunities helping those who are vulnerable and need extra support. All our qualifications are nationally recognised and would suit those who are compassionate and supportive. These diplomas are studied through blended learning options for greater flexibility.
If you are a people-person and want a rewarding career where you can help others to improve the quality of their lives, then you may want to study for one of our qualifications within our Community Faculty.
Head of our Community Services Faculty is Sara Reddy, who has worked in health education and environmental science for more than twenty years.
“Careers within health and community can be immensely rewarding as you are making a real difference to someone’s life,” Sara says.
“All our trainers are committed to ensuring your success. The compulsory workshops encourage you to take part in simulated experiences and you will be assessed on how you approach these situations. There has never been a better time to study one of these courses as they are extremely vocational with plenty of job opportunities.”
These are just some of the reasons why you should study with us:
- Our computer trainer will teach you to use the easy-to-understand and innovative online learning platform Moodle to help you work through the units and assessments.
- Offering continuous support no matter your query, all our trainers are easily contactable via Skype, in person, or via phone or text.
- To help prepare you for life after studying, you will attend workshops to undertake assessments and role play situations.
- Our compulsory workshops are held in various locations for your convenience, including Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide.
- These workshops help you develop your problem-solving skills and to look at client solutions.
- They also give you the opportunity to meet other students and speak to trainers who have invaluable experience and knowledge in their subject area.
- Our course content is updated regularly to ensure you are learning the latest practices and techniques.
- You will undertake a compulsory work placement that offers real-world experience in either the public or private sector. You are also encouraged to undertake voluntary work within your chosen field.
- To get a better understanding of your chosen subject, you will be directed to extra learning resources and encouraged to participate in regular webinars.