CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services
In a time when automation is negatively impacting jobs across various industries, the demand for workers in the community services sector is booming.
So if you’d like to jump into a career where job prospects are strong and secure – and where you can make a real difference to people’s lives – the CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services can take you there.
Should I enrol?
This course will suit you if you’re passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable people in the community.
What will I learn?
- Insights into mental health issues, domestic violence, grief, trauma, and alcohol and drug addiction;
- The knowledge and interpersonal skills to provide practical and emotional support;
- How to effectively communicate with individuals and groups in both residential and community settings.
How will I learn?
All your learning resources will be available online. A trainer will be assigned to guide and support you throughout your studies, and will be able to offer help and advice.
What are the entry requirements?
This 6 month qualification is suited to learners who possess a sufficient grasp of the English language, adequate levels of numeracy, and appropriate attitude and motivation to enable them to undertake the demands of a Certificate III level qualification.
As part of the selection process, TSA uses the following guidelines to assess suitability of a learner for the program:
- All prospective learners will attend a mandatory face to face career counselling session to assess their suitability for this Certificate III level qualification;
- During this session, TSA’s career advisors reference the career counselling and/or Capacity of Benefit notes to summarise their thoughts on whether to proceed with enrolment or not, based on the interview/conversation. This is then retained in the learner record file;
- All learners are required to undertake an LLN assessment appropriate for a Certificate III level qualification to assess whether their reading and numeracy skills are sufficient to cope with the training program. The LLN assessment result will be retained in their learner record file;
- In addition, TSA must reasonably believe the learner is academically suited to undertake the course e.g. employment history and/or prior education/qualifications.
What are my career prospects?
Job opportunities in the community services sector grow with every year – in fact, the Australian Government predicts the rate of jobs growth in the field will be three times higher than the national average.
Types of roles available include disability support worker, personal care worker and residential assistant. You will also be well placed to undertake further study in the field.
Cost of this course
$3500 Upfront payment fully self-funded OR payment plans.
Module 1: Community Services Essentials – Part 1
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
Module 2: Community Services Essentials – Part 2
HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities
CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
Module 3: Community Services Essentials – Part 3
CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs
CHCAOD001 Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support
CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
For more information about this qualification please contact us.
Want to take your studies in community services to the next level? Enquire today about our CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services.