Why study with TrainSmart?
- Our trainers are carefully selected and have a wealth of experience to inspire and guide you to success.
- You will receive guidance from our international award-winning make-up artists and professional trainers.
- You will meet industry experts and work with hairdressers and photographers for your practical projects.
- The College of Creative Arts has a fully equipped modern, furnished studio specifically for students participating in our make-up qualifications.
- These art studios are located on Adelaide Terrace in the heart of Perth’s CBD so they’re easily accessible via public transport.
- You will be taught all aspects of dramatic make-up including camouflage, liquid latex for special effects, body art and airbrushing.
- Learn the latest techniques for hair extensions and wig preparation.
- Take part in exciting special effects events and photoshoots organised by the College of Creative Arts, like the Halloween Special Effects Make-Up Show.
Priscilla Walton | Head of Faculty, Screen and Media
If you’d like to work as a theatrical make-up artist in the glamourous world of theatre and cinema, the career in the creative make-up industry may be for you. Head of our College of Creative Arts (Specialist Make-up) is Priscilla Walton. Priscilla has worked as a theatrical make-up artist in Miss Saigon, as well as the Fox Studio film ‘Dark City’ starring Kiefer Sutherland and William Hurt.
“Make-up is a way of transforming people to a different level. It can mask your real personality,” Priscilla says.
“In our Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up), we enjoy the challenge of transforming people into different characters so they step out of their shadow. We use theatrical make-up, wigs and hairpieces, and liquid latex to create stunning effects. We have our own studio in the heart of Perth and we can equip you with the skills to step straight onto that red carpet and into your dream job.”