Diploma of Information Technology Networking
Network your way to a challenging new career
Have you ever wondered how you can combine your natural problem-solving abilities and passion for technology into a challenging new career?
Networking is one of the fastest growing areas of IT, and one that most businesses rely on in one way or another. The Diploma of Information Technology Networking will give you the skills and knowledge to manage the installation of networks, security and e-business integration.
Should I enrol?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their IT networking skills and knowledge.
What will I learn?
- The skills and knowledge to design networks and infrastructures;
- The process behind the installation of networks;
- Security and e-business integration;
- Skills for general employment, including communication, teamwork, problem solving, initiative and enterprise, planning and organising, self-management, learning, and technology.
How will I learn?
You will study online at your own pace. You’ll be required to complete written, practical and oral assignments. This course is paced over a 12-month period; however, there are no time constraints and you can take longer. You’ll receive full trainer support during your studies.
What are the entry requirements?
TrainSmart Australia will assess a students’ ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:-
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 Certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
What are my career prospects?
This course facilitates career options both as an independent specialist or as part of an integrated team.
Jobs in computer networking vary widely in the responsibilities they carry and the salaries they yield. They include network administrator, IT administrator, systems engineer and network operations analyst.
How much is the course?
The maximum tuition fee for this course is $10,000. We offer a number of flexible payment options sure to suit your need, including:
- 24 month interest-free payment plan. No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months.
- VET Study Loan – Australian Government income contingent loan which allows you to study now and pay later.
VET Study Loan is available
VET Study Loan is an Australian Government loan program available to Australian citizens. For this Diploma of IT Networking you can borrow a $10,000 VET Student Loan which you will pay back once you are earning above a certain threshold.
|ICTSUS501||Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system|
|ICTNWK535||Install an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTNWK505||Design, build and test a network server|
|ICTNWK508||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches|
|ICTNWK507||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers|
|ICTNWK509||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks|
|ICTNWK513||Manage system security|
|ICTNWK511||Manage network security|
|ICTNWK524||Install and configure network access storage devices|
|ICTNWK525||Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTNWK527||Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT511||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise|
|ICTTEN611||Produce an ICT network architecture design|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks|
Complimentary services and career guidance
Membership of the TrainSmart Australia student portal in which you will receive updates on class status, new facilities, promotions and social media updates.
For more information about the many benefits of learning with us at TrainSmart Australia, about VET Student Loans or about our complimentary career guidance service, simply submit your details online or call now on 1300 855 517