Diploma of Database Design and Development
Program your way ahead in the field of data
Do you have a sharp analytical mind and are you someone who likes to get behind the scenes and work across networks to implement database systems? The Diploma of Database Design and Development will give you all the knowledge and expertise to be able to design and develop complex ICT database systems.
What you will learn
If you like programming and coding then this course would be ideal for you to study. You will learn essential skills in planning, managing and maintaining database management systems. You will know how to organise data, provide support and develop security procedures.
What are your career options with a Diploma of Database, Design and Development?
Once you have completed the course, you may want to take up a position as a database designer, developer or specialist. Database designers specialise in designing, crating and managing data collected in databases. Creative problem solvers with strong analytical skills always excel in this field.
How you will study
The Diploma of Database, Design and Development is a nationally accredited qualification. Assessments are by way of written, practical and oral assignments. There are no exams and full trainer/assessor support is available throughout your studies.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. TrainSmart Australia will assess a students’ ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:-
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 Certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
Cost of this course
The current course cost is $11,400
Your fee payment options are:-
- Self-funded payment plan – pay your course fee by credit card, cheque, eft, or cash.
- VET Study Loan – Australian Government income contingent loan which allows you to study now and pay later.
VET Study Loan is available
VET Study Loan is an Australian Government loan program available to Australian citizens. For this Diploma of Database, Design and Development you can borrow a $10,000 VET Student Loan which you will pay back once you are earning above a certain threshold.
The extra payment can be made with $200 up front and $100 every month for 12 months. Alternatively you can fully fund the extra $1,400 in one payment. You will study 19 units as listed below.
Units of study
- Design a database
- Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment.
- Develop detailed component specifications from project specifications
- Use structured query language
- Build using rapid application development
- Model preferred systems solutions
- Model data processes
- A Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
- Establish and maintain client user liaison
- Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- Monitor and support data conversion
- Perform ICT data conversion
- Produce a feasibility report
- Gather data to identify business requirements
- Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- Manage ICT projects
- Manage ICT project quality
- Develop technical requirements for business solutions
- Determine suitability of database functionality and scalability
Complimentary services and career guidance
Membership of the TrainSmart Australia student portal in which you will receive updates on class status, new facilities, promotions and social media updates.
For more information about the many benefits of learning with us at TrainSmart Australia, about VET Student Loans or about our complimentary career guidance service, simply submit your details online or call now on 1300 855 517