Diploma of Digital Media Technologies
Get animated with a career in digital media technologies
If you have an artistic streak and a passion for technology, then a career path in digital media design is for you. The Diploma of Digital Media Technologies will open up a world of opportunities to work in online, interactive design and film production using software and mobile devices.
What you will learn
Every day new digital games are released onto the market. This course will equip you with the skills needed to design and produce new media products in animation, interactive TV, web apps and games. Subjects covered include digital media design, exploring the copyright and ethics of designing games and applications.
What are your career options with a Diploma of Digital Media Technologies?
There are plenty of roles in this field. Digital media specialists develop content for use within multimedia platforms. They produce content used in video games and on websites, as well as audio content, special effects, and animation. Digital media specialists use design software such as Dreamweaver, Flash, and InDesign to produce content for video games and websites.
How you will study
The Diploma of Digital Media Tecnologies is a nationally accredited qualification. Assessments are by way of written, practical and oral assignments. There are no exams and full trainer/assessor support is available throughout your studies.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. TrainSmart Australia will assess a students’ ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:-
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 Certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
Cost of this course
The maximum tuition fee for this course is $11,400. Your fee payment options are:
- 24 month interest-free payment plan. No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months.
- VET Study Loan – Australian Government income contingent loan which allows you to study now and pay later.
VET Study Loan is available
VET Study Loan is an Australian Government loan program available to Australian citizens. For this Diploma of Digital Media Technologies you can borrow a $10,000 VET Student Loan which you will pay back once you are earning above a certain threshold.
The extra payment can be made with $200 up front and $100 every month for 12 months. Alternatively you can fully fund the extra $1,400 in one payment. You will study 18 units as listed below.
Units of study
- Originate and develop concepts
- Ensure a safe workplace
- Manage interactive media production
- Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment
- Work effectively in the digital media industry
- Verify client business requirements
- Manage IT projects
- Apply intermediate object-orientated language skills
- Use a library or pre-existing components
- Develop mobile applications
- Develop and conduct client acceptance test
- Build a dynamic website
- Design web environments
- Develop complex web page layouts
- Research and apply emerging web technology trends
- Perform basic vision and sound editing
- Incorporate and edit digital video
Complimentary services and career guidance
Membership of the TrainSmart Australia student portal in which you will receive updates on class status, new facilities, promotions and social media updates.
For more information about the many benefits of learning with us at TrainSmart Australia, about VET Student Loans or about our complimentary career guidance service, simply submit your details online or call now on 1300 855 517