Diploma of Software Development (ICT50715)
Be at the top of your game
Are you looking for the perfect pathway into an IT career?
Software development is a critical part of IT – and because the field is always evolving, you’ll likely stay challenged, engaged and in demand.
The Diploma of Software Development (ICT50715) will provide you with the skills and knowledge to competently program and develop software, as well as identify and correct errors. You’ll graduate with the ability to create new software products and customise existing ones to meet a brief.
Should I enrol?
This course is ideal for anyone who wishes to learn the fundamentals of software development.
What will I learn?
- The skills and knowledge to create and maintain software programs;
- Coding work and data analysis;
- How to develop and customise software programs, including games;
- Programming techniques;
- How to manage and develop software;
- Network security and how to troubleshoot any issues;
- How to initiate cloud computing services and manage projects, prevent viruses and debug applications.
How will I learn?
You will study online at your own pace. You’ll be required to complete written, practical and oral assignments. Learning is self-paced over a 12-month period with opportunity to extend if required. You’ll receive full trainer support during your studies.
What are the entry requirements?
TrainSmart Australia will assess a students’ ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:-
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 Certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
In addition to the above entry requirements, the College will consider whether the student applying to enrol demonstrates the capacity to meet the demands of their chosen course. Student academic suitability is determined through a one to one career counselling session. The student will be advised whether he or she is considered to be academically suited, or alternative study pathways may be offered.
What are my career prospects?
There are plenty of positions available in this area, and they’re growing as the world becomes more technologically advanced. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include programming developer, software developer and database support programmer.
How much is the course?
The maximum tuition fee for this course is $10,300. We offer a number of flexible payment options sure to suit your needs, including:
- 24 month interest-free payment plan. No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months.
- VET Study Loan – Australian Government income contingent loan which allows you to study now and pay later.
VET Study Loan is available
VET Study Loan is an Australian Government loan program available to Australian citizens. For this ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development, you can take out a VET Student Loan which you will pay back once you are earning above a certain threshold. You will study 16 units as listed below.
|ICTPRG418||Apply intermediate programming skills in another language|
|ICTPRG501||Apply advanced object-oriented language skills|
|ICTPRG523||Apply advanced programming skills in another language|
|ICTPRG527||Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills|
|ICTPRG514||Prepare for software development using rapid application development|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTPRG503||Debug and monitor applications|
|ICTPRG504||Deploy an application to a production environment|
|ICTPRG604||Create cloud computing services|
|ICTPRG502||Manage a project using software management tools|
|ICTPRG520||Validate an application design against specifications|
|ICTPRG529||Apply testing techniques for software development|
|ICTPRG515||Review developed software|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
Membership of the TrainSmart Australia student portal in which you will receive updates on class status, new facilities, promotions and social media updates.
For more information about the many benefits of learning with us at TrainSmart Australia, about VET Student Loans or about our complimentary career guidance service, simply submit your details online or call now on 1300 855 517