Am I eligible?
You are eligible for a guaranteed training place in a skill set or a $0 JobTrainer qualification if you meet;
All of the eligibility criteria from Category 1, AND;
ONE of the eligibility criteria from Catergory 2
You are an Australian Citizen, Permanent Australian Resident, a Humanitarian Visa Holder, OR a New Zealand Citizen.
You are over 15 years old
You live or work in NSW in one of our approved post codes
You are no longer attending school or an equivalent (excluding homeschooled students)
* Examples of people expected to become unemployed:
- Stood down/Job keeper/furloughed employee: Employee that has been stood down or employee for whom employer has Job Keeper arrangement in place and at risk of becoming unemployed. Requires upskilling or reskilling for new role and employment elsewhere.
- Person returning to work (employed for 6 months or less): employed on condition of receiving training to build capacity and capability for the job role. This would be within the first 6 months of employment
- Low skilled/unskilled employee: Existing employee, with or without relevant skills or previous qualification up to Certificate III, that requires training to upskill to secure ongoing employment or future employment
- Workers in declining industries: Workers at any company in an agreed declining industry (e.g. international travel industry) who require upskilling/reskilling for redeployment.
Still Not Sure if You're Eligible?
Use our quick and easy to use Smart and Skilled NSW Eligibility Test below to find out if you are eligible for Smart and Skilled, and/or Skilling For Recovery!