Record of Participation Procedure
- On arrival at TrainSmart Australia learners are greeted by reception staff and advised to sign the Course Sign-in Sheet for the unit of competency relating to that day of training.
- In the training room, the relevant trainer for that day is also responsible for ensuring that every student in attendance has signed the attendance sheet, prior to the start of their training session.
- Absenteeism of students from a session is noted on the attendance sheet.
- All Course Sign-in sheets are checked by administration staff and electronic data is entered to record student attendance against the relevant unit of competency in the Student Management System (Wise.NET). A hard copy of the Course Sign-in sheet is also retained in a hard copy folder according to course heading.
- On the first day of training, a student induction process is carried out by appropriate training/administrative staff. The induction process ensures that each student is familiar with the contents of the Student Handbook, which outlines issues including student ’ rights and responsibilities and support processes for training and assessment. A Student Induction Checklist is used by the trainer in charge of induction and the checklist, signed by trainer and learner is filed in the student’s Administration File, held for the duration specified by ASQA requirements. Further details on student induction are outlined in the Procedure for Student Induction (Accredited Training).
All trainers have the authority and responsibility to monitor each learners’s attendance during the course and report any concerns to the general manager of TrainSmart Australia.
Evidence to support this procedure
- Course Sign-in Sheet (for each day of training, retained in hard copy folder)
- Student Management System (Wise.NET)
- Student Induction Checklist (retained in student Administration File)
This procedure is approved by the CEO of TrainSmart Australia.