Get back into study mode!
Dec 16, 2015
Category: Online Learning
Everyone loves a break, time to relax, recharge the batteries and to forget about time constraints, deadlines and ever increasing to-do lists.
But what about when the holiday is over and you have to return to study mode again? We’ve all been there and we know how hard it is to switch back to studying with enthusiasm and gusto after a break.
To help you ease back into it, here are six suggested tips:
- Decide when you are going to start your studying again and on that day start early. There’s no doubt about it that we like to put unpleasant things off, but in fact, if you can motivate yourself to do some studying first thing, it’s surprising how good you’ll feel when you get to lunchtime knowing you’ve managed to get a grip on some of your workload.
- We’ve talked about getting motivated but keep in mind achievable goals. This will make you feel so more accomplished at the end of a study session. Think about completing some study units before you call it a day and turn off your computer. Set goals so you have a target to reach and can stop when these have been achieved.
- Reward yourself. Think of something small, a treat or privilege which you can give yourself when you achieve your goal. You may want to catch up with friends or watch a DVD. But if you just want to treat yourself to short break during your study work, don’t forget to set a time limit.
- Make a study schedule for the week. If you plan your week ahead it’s easier to stick to your resolutions and stick with it!
- If you have a brain freeze and feel stuck in a rut with your studies, do not be afraid to ask your trainer. They are paid to help you, otherwise, they would be out of a job. Speaking to them will help you get motivated and keep you on track and focussed.
- Don’t forget to look after your own physical and mental well-being. You may have had a few weeks away from study and developed a really bad sleep pattern. A good night’s sleep is essential to retain all you have studied. You should really be aiming for seven hours a night.
Don’t forget that if you stick with it and sacrifice a few things today, it will all be worth it when you qualify tomorrow. Here at TrainSmart Australia we’re committed to helping you progress your career or develop your skills. We offer a wide range of diploma subjects from business and project management to information technology and accountancy. All our courses are approved and accredited by the Australian Government and industry professionals.