RPL assessment is conducted individually for each unit of competency within a given qualification. Clients must be able to demonstrate that their skills are current according to industry standards. Examples of evidence may include:
- Interview/professional conversation;
- Observation and questioning, including workplace visits;
- Portfolio of work, which may include completed assessment items/qualifications from previous study;
- Supplementary assessment tasks or challenge test (oral, written or practical);
- Assessment where no training is involved; and/or
- Authentication of evidence by supervisor or employer.
Clients wishing to apply for RPL in any capacity should, in the first instance, contact TrainSmart Australia for further information.
Unsuccessful applicants have a right to formally appeal the RPL assessment through our appeals process. For further information, please refer to the TrainSmart Australia Grievances and Appeals Policy.