An approved course provider must have a procedure to ensure that a student enrolled in a replacement course with the provider is:
a) granted course credits for parts of the original course successfully completed by the student, as evidenced by a statement of attainment issued in accordance with the Australian Qualification Framework; and
b) not charged tuition fees for a replacement component of the replacement course.
TrainSmart Australia has the following replacement provider arrangements in place: –
- Where TrainSmart Australia provide a replacement course and where a student enrolled in that replacement courses is entitled to receive course credits for parts of the original course successfully completed by the student, TrainSmart will grant credit for those parts successfully completed (Evidence must be provided).
- TrainSmart Australia will not charge tuition fees for a replacement component of the replacement course.
Upon acceptance of a student who is to be enrolled into a replacement course, TrainSmart Australia will liaise with the tuition assurance provider, student, original provider and ASQA to determine: –
- Those parts of the course which have been successfully completed
- Those parts of the course which the student has attended and completed
- Those parts of the course which the student has not yet commenced or had commenced but was unable to complete due to the original provider not being able to continue to offer that course
- The VET Student Loan debts incurred against those parts of the course which the student commenced and completed.
The information gathered is to be applied to the student’s enrolment request, recognised as credit against completed units of competency as well as being used toward determining the parts of the course which are to be delivered. In addition to this, the information will allow for the determination of the tuition fees which remain outstanding.
Where a student requests credit recognition, this must be evidenced by:
- a copy of a statement of attainment or other Australian Qualifications Framework certification documentation issued by the course provider or an authorised issuing organisation in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework; or
- a copy of an authenticated VET transcript issued by the Student Identifiers Registrar.
Once the determination in relation to credit recognition, training plan and remaining tuition fee has been determined, the student will be notified of all the details and offered a place to enrol with TrainSmart Australia. Upon acceptance of the offer the student will follow standard enrolment procedures. Should the student decline the offer, they will be directed back to the tuition assurance provider.